Skip to main content
Research Process Instruction
- Research process instruction begins with our own Research Skills MOOC, which introduces the skills necessary to write a research paper. The MOOC is open to everyone and is a perfect first step for your students.
- If you will be assigning the Research Skills MOOC, enroll and complete it yourself so you will know what outcomes you can expect for your students and you will be able to respond to your students’ questions. Even though you are an instructor, everyone enrolls as a student in this course.
- You are welcome to use our recommendations for modules to assign, or you may select specific modules based on the requirements of your research assignment. We would be happy to talk with you about the modules that would best support your assignment.
- After your students have completed the MOOC requirement, plan for class time with a librarian for any of the following:
- Refining the scope of research topics
- Teaching how to search subject-specific databases
- Helping your students individually with their searches
- Developing research questions in a specific field of inquiry
- Evaluating sources in a specific field of inquiry
- Use the RESEARCH PROCESS INSTRUCTION REQUEST FORM on this page in preparation for a meeting with a librarian to discuss instructional needs. To request library instruction for Gardner classes, contact Suzanne Levasseur. For Devens, Leominster, Fitchburg, or online classes, contact Ellen Pratt. WE TRAVEL - JUST ASK!
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
Circulation Desk 978-630-9125 Email the Circulation Desk
Research Help Desk 978-630-9338 Email the Research Help Desk
Academic Support Center 978-630-9333 Email the Academic Support Center
LIVE CHAT ASSISTANCE is available during regular LIBRARY HOURS.