Skip to main content
How a Librarian is the Key to Your Research Success
A librarian can help you:
- Understand what kind of information you need for your research assignment
- Decide the best places to look to find what you need
- Broaden or narrow your topic to make it manageable within the scope of the assignment and time you have to do it
- Formulate a question about your topic and find search terms that work
- Use library databases to find articles from scholarly journals, magazines, newspapers, and reference books
- Use the library catalog to find books
- Request items from other libraries
- Find the answer to any question, using credible and reputable sources of information.
Contact a Librarian Four Ways
- Call us during our regular hours at 978-630-9338.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stop by the library and talk with the friendly librarian at the research help desk.
- LIVE CHAT ASSISTANCE for QUICK QUESTIONS during regular library hours. For more involved questions, please telephone or visit us.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
Circulation Desk 978-630-9125 Email the Circulation Desk
Research Help Desk 978-630-9338 Email the Research Help Desk
Academic Support Center 978-630-9333 Email the Academic Support Center
LIVE CHAT ASSISTANCE is available during regular LIBRARY HOURS.