Skip to main content
Create an Annotated Bibliography
- Create an EasyBib account or log into EasyBib if you already have an account.
- Create a new project and add citations for your sources other than EBSCO database articles.
- Open any EBSCO database and SIGN IN at the top of the screen. If you have not set up a FREE account already, choose CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. See the video about using EBSCO folders on this page.
- Find good articles for your research (remember to ASK A LIBRARIAN if you need help) and save them to your folder.
- When you have all the articles you need, use the EXPORT tool on the right side to export the citations for every article in your folder to EasyBib.
- View the BIBLIOGRAPHY for your project. At the bottom of each citation is an EDIT link. Click to open the citation, scroll down, and you will see an ADD ANNOTATION box. Click there to add the annotation for that source. Repeat for all your sources.
- What should you write in your annotation? Often your professor will provide instructions, but a good strategy is to write the author's qualifications, the main idea, or thesis, and why the source will be useful to you.
- When you are finished, check to be sure you have chosen the correct format (MLA or APA) and then choose EXPORT to print your annotated bibliography. EASY!
My EBSCOhost Folder Tutorial
What is an Annotated Bibliography?
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
Circulation Desk 978-630-9125 Email the Circulation Desk
Research Help Desk 978-630-9338 Email the Research Help Desk
Academic Support Center 978-630-9333 Email the Academic Support Center
LIVE CHAT ASSISTANCE is available during regular LIBRARY HOURS.